File Sharing with PRC based Companies.

alansidman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a US-based client that wishes to do file sharing with its China based parent. We have attempted to use DropBox but the Chinese operation is unable to access the DropBox website. It believes the PRC is blocking access to it.

Is anyone aware of a file sharing site that is available to both US based and Chinese based operations? Has anyone had success with File Sharing with operation in the PRC and other countries?

Thanks
Alan

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
A lot of companies deny access to file sharing websites as its probably not a good idea to let individuals drop important files to an unknown data storage place. I would maybe contact your IT department and see what they recommend or have them contact theres.

it does look like box.net works in china though and I have used that for personal things, but my company also blocks all file sharing sites:

http://support.box.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/27/~/how-can-i-access-box.net-from-china%3F

Hope that helps.

Thanks much. This is a really small US operation--2 people, so no IT dept -- and we had the owner test in China. Appreciate your answer on Box.net.
Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xuebohan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back