Fields......

oliver_penney

Board Regular
i have a function that comes up with text, say "FieldName2345" but what i actually want is it to return that field....

is that possible?

and i don't wanna do iif([Answer]="Field2345",[Field2345"],null)

cos there are too many possibilities!

thanx in advance

ol

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Sorry, I'm not following. Care to give more info (maybe a more specific example - what exactly do you want to do?)?

Thank you,

Russell

Upvote 0
i have a field called [Provisioning Complete Month] which tells me what month an order finished provivisioning , e.g. "4" is complete in April 2002

i have revenue fields for that order such as [May02 Rev $] , [Jan03 Rev $]

but what i would like is... [Revenue 1 month after provisioning], [Revenue 2 months after provisioning]

so for an order with [Provisioning Complete Month] 5, the [Revenue 1 Month after provisioning] will take the [Jun02 Rev $]

ol

Upvote 0
On 2003-02-14 05:50, oliver_penney wrote:
i have a field called [Provisioning Complete Month] which tells me what month an order finished provivisioning , e.g. "4" is complete in April 2002

i have revenue fields for that order such as [May02 Rev $] , [Jan03 Rev $]

but what i would like is... [Revenue 1 month after provisioning], [Revenue 2 months after provisioning]

so for an order with [Provisioning Complete Month] 5, the [Revenue 1 Month after provisioning] will take the [Jun02 Rev $]

ol

That's a tough one. What you should really do is to not have a field for each month's revenue. You should probably have a table where you have your Primary Key field(s), and Revenue and Revenue Date (or Revenue Month). Then you could run your query where Month(RevDate) = [Provisioning Complete Month] (or RevMonth = [Provisioning Complete Month]...or RevMonth = [Provisioning Complete Month], etc.).

Sorry, but I don't see another easy way to do what you want. If you keep your table structure how it is, you'll most likely have to just keep hard-coding the month you want.

-Russell

Upvote 0
aha

i see what you mean. a hefty re-write is needed in the long run, but i'll stick to excel tinkering in the short

thanx a lot

ol

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MNexcelguy19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back