Fields Show Numbers instead of the Text/Names

gheyman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am new, so please be patient.

I created a query that uses to fields from a Table. The first one is a List of Task (there are intended duplicates) and then Due Dates.

I changed the query into Aggregate (Totals) Query were I want the Max Dates. When I run the Query it turns the Task Names into numbers. The Right Max dates are showing assuming the numbers are some alternate for the Tasks.

Can anyone tell me why I get numbers. Someone once mentioned it had to do with the Long Interger, but that didn't help me any

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Can post post a small sample of what you table data looks like, and then a small sample of what you query is returning so we can better understand what you are seeing?

Upvote 0
I have a query that is one field "Task". Its contents are listed below

Task
Administrative
Bid NoBid Meeting
BOE File Creation
Design Concept Development

In a table I did a field that is a Lookup Wizard to this Field/Query and set it so Multiple choices can be made.

When you are in the table in that field and select the pull down the list with a check box shows as

Upvote 0
In a table I did a field that is a Lookup Wizard to this Field/Query and set it so Multiple choices can be made.
When you are in the table in that field and select the pull down the list with a check box shows as

In your original post, you don't say what numbers you're getting - the ones you list here?
The sums (or counts or what? you don't divulge what's in the totals query for that field). You are likely either getting the result of an aggregate function on your field (remove the aggregate function) or it's the wrong field, or maybe it's the hidden index of your lookup field. Creating lookup fields in tables is a no-no if you ask most experience Access designers. Here's why
The Access Web - The Evils of Lookup Fields in Tables
Plus, you really should not be adding/editing data directly in tables. It also reads like you're using a multi-value field
Multiple choices can be made
Sorry to say that's even worse than lookup fields. I know, you're wondering why the h-e double hockey sticks does Access provide these options if they're so bad. Beats me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durzoblint87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back