Favorite Cigar?

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
It's time for the random MrKowz lounge post!

Any cigar smokers out there? What's your favorite? Any particular drink pairing you really enjoy?

I'd have to say that right now, the Romeo y Julieta 1875 Reserva Real Maduro is my go-to stick. It has a great blend that has a nice coffee and chocolate overtone. Paired with a simple glass of water, it serves as an incredibly delicious and relaxing smoke!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
i think mine would be any you smoke in St. Louis, cos i wont be able to smell them from here, downunder, since smoke rises!

Macanudo cru royal with Scotch or drew estates Jucy Lucy with coffee or Drew estates Dirt with Chocolate Lab Wine :)

Ah, c'mon you anti-smokers - give the lad a break. It ain't like he's askin' y'all to try one. :rolleyes:

I quit smoking seven? eight? years ago. I never was a big cigar or pipe aficionado, though I did dabble from time to time. Back in '98, on a business trip to Panama I picked up some genuine Cuban Cohibas and some other brand of Havanas (I want to say the others were Romeo y Julietas). To be honest with you, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Frankly, I didn't notice the Cubans being notably better than or distinct from some nice Honduran and Dominican cigars I'd tried. But since I'm not and never was a real high-falutin' connoisseur maybe the subtleties were lost on me.

Ah, c'mon you anti-smokers - give the lad a break. It ain't like he's askin' y'all to try one. :rolleyes:

I quit smoking seven? eight? years ago. I never was a big cigar or pipe aficionado, though I did dabble from time to time. Back in '98, on a business trip to Panama I picked up some genuine Cuban Cohibas and some other brand of Havanas (I want to say the others were Romeo y Julietas). To be honest with you, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Frankly, I didn't notice the Cubans being notably better than or distinct from some nice Honduran and Dominican cigars I'd tried. But since I'm not and never was a real high-falutin' connoisseur maybe the subtleties were lost on me.
Hi Greg!

I smoked like a stack for about 35 years. At least 2-3 packs per day!

I quit 3 or 4 years ago. No problem at all. I was expecting to go through massive nicotine withdrawl but there was none. Nothing. I couldn't believe how easy it was to quit.

Whenever I walk past someone that is smoking I love the smell but I have no desire to start smoking again.

So, no anti-smoker here.

Light 'em if ya got 'em!

...Whenever I walk past someone that is smoking I love the smell but I have no desire to start smoking again.

So, no anti-smoker here.

Light 'em if ya got 'em!

Ah, that put a different slant on your first post... :biggrin: For me, I can still enjoy the smell of a cigar or pipe (from a distance). But I confess, cigarette smoke now smells pretty bad to me - not quite like buzzard vomit as my wife asserts - but pretty bad. And I too have zero desire to light up again. I think it's because over the years I'd quit several times, sometimes for 6 months, 9 months or a year. But then some trigger would make me pick it up again and it was always a real bitc* to quit again. So after this last time - once I was quit, I wanted to stay quit for good.

But to those that still enjoy a nice stogie - hey, knock yourself out.

My Dad used to smoke a pipe. He used to blend his own tobacco. Everyone that came into the house used to ask what incense was burning.

I also smoked for well over 20 years. I been off for a little more than a year now. I have never had any real cravings either... I used Alan Carrs method and hypno-therapy.

Seeing mentions of pipes - I smoke a pipe as well. The aromatic tobaccos are amazing. I usually pick up a cherry tobacco, almond tobacco, and a vanilla tobacco, and blend it in about a 2:1:1/2 ratio. Love the taste, and people love the smell.

Seeing mentions of pipes - I smoke a pipe as well. The aromatic tobaccos are amazing. I usually pick up a cherry tobacco, almond tobacco, and a vanilla tobacco, and blend it in about a 2:1:1/2 ratio. Love the taste, and people love the smell.
Yep.

My father used to do the same thing.

I was just joshin' ya about the cigar smoke. I never really got into cigars. Tried a few Swisher Sweets but that was about it.

Light 'em if ya got 'em! (up to and including that there wacky tobacky! :))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back