FAQ page - Innacurate?

Worf

Hello

The FAQ states that

Attachments and Images
Attachments and Images cannot be uploaded to the MrExcel Message Board.

However, it's possible to insert images using the corresponding button at the post composing page.
So it seems the FAQ should be updated on this aspect.

Thanks.

Hello

The FAQ states that

Attachments and Images
Attachments and Images cannot be uploaded to the MrExcel Message Board.

However, it's possible to insert images using the corresponding button at the post composing page.
So it seems the FAQ should be updated on this aspect.

Thanks.
Are you sure that you can actually upload an image to the board, rather than just providing a link to an image uploaded to another site?

Are you sure that you can actually upload an image to the board, rather than just providing a link to an image uploaded to another site?

Peter
As always, you are correct. I just feel that a lot of people will read that and make the wrong assumption, because they will be wanting to 'put an image' in the post.
For a non-expert, it becomes almost a matter of semantics...

Maybe the FAQ paragraph could include what you just wrote, for sake of more clarity.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Peter
As always, you are correct.
I wish that were so. :biggrin:

I don't have the ability to alter the FAQs but in any case the Administrators will decide on such things and in due course I'm sure will see this thread and consider your suggestion.

My preference is to not encourage the use of other sites for images or workbooks. In forums where file and image attachments are allowed, I think posters in general put much less effort into distilling and describing their problem and rather take the attitude "Here's my workbook, can you take a look at it - you'll see what I'm trying to do (maybe after half an hour or so of navigating a poorly constructed workbook) - and fix it for me."

Also, in relation to images of worksheets themselves, I prefer if we encourage the use of HTML makers instead, since then the sample data can be viewd directly in the thread and can be copied and used for testing. That isn't possible with just a normal image hosted elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back