FAO: Admins

DonkeyOte

MrExcel MVP
I can't PM anyone -- I've inadvertently happened upon what would seem to be a method of altering the last post on a ny post even if I did not post myself and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not... if someone wants to mail me at my MR E handle at googlemail.com I'll explain in more detail... and if my address could be deleted from this post thereafter I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Luke

Joe, no am aware of that, what I meant was given I can't PM an admin to tell them how I am able to edit the last post of a thread regardless of whether or not I'm an admin.... I don't want to post up "how to" here obviously.

Thanks,

Luke,

Yikes! That's not good. I'll post to the Moderator forum and send an e-mail to Tracy.

Thanks.

Joe, false alarm... sorry... I misread what was being generated.

Luke,

Yikes! That's not good. I'll post to the Moderator forum and send an e-mail to Tracy.

Thanks.

Basically I was just pressing reply then editing the URL and removing the parameters to just the post id ... which on execution created the prior post ... but embedded in quote tags (doh) -- ie appears to replicate the URL generated Quote button (ie noquote=0)

Again, apologies for false alarm.

Last edited:
OK. I deleted my post in that forum.

If anything like that does come up with the PM is down, it is probably just best to Report the post, and then you can give details. Only Moderators/Admins can view Reported posts.

PM functionality has been restored, but yes, Reporting the post is the best option.

Thanks! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back