extracting data in a query

jag3

I'm trying to get two records from a table to be included in a query result every time I run the query but I can't quite figure it out. What I have is four tables in my query (all linked together on a common field buyer number) the two buyer numbers I'm trying to have show up every time the query runs are 800 and 900. The tables I have are buyer information, req's in que, weekly dollars and monthly dollars. The buyer numbers 800 and 900 don't show in the weekly or monthly tables and are only in the buyer number and reqs in que tables because they are a total and buyer number is the first table in my query. I use different criteria to pull together my information such as date, title, location. Is there a way to get the buyer numbers 800 and 900 to show every time? They don't have any criteria associated only a total number.
Desperately sinking... Help please.... :oops: :oops:
Joe Gieder

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Let me see if I can help. First I am assuming you are doing this in a query. And then you said you are linking the tables by a common number. OK, on the table that has the common number (800 & 900) right mouse click on the line "link" to the other table, choose Join Properties and choose the option "include all records from (this is where your table name would be)..."

Give this a try, the numbers should appear even though they dont' have data in the other tables.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nithchun

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back