Extract rows based on date and criteria

djw6791

Hi, long time reader first time poster!

Any help would be greatly received as i've taken to banging my head against the wall!

I have a large worksheet that I need to extract data (rows) from based on the date and certain criteria within that date and row. My VBA skills are limited so if this is possible without using VBA all the better for me!

I've probably not explained that very well as i can't seem to put in to words what i want!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Thank you for the reply.

I have attached an example of the sheet i'm trying to extract the data from if it helps. I need to extract the rows from the A-K columns that have an "S" in the row/cell on a selected date.

i have tried to use filters but couldn't seem to get exactly what i wanted

Upvote 0
I cannot see that. I don't know if it is because there is an error in your link, or that site is restricted from my view.
Due to Corporate Security Policy, I am unable to download files off the internet from my current location.

Upvote 0
I'll try again

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTU
1AREAPLANTFLOOR NOBUILDING NOCOLUMN REFTASKSMETHOD OF CLEANSSOP Doc NoTYPE OF CLEANRESPONSIBLEFREQUENCYJULY
201-Jul-1502-Jul-1503-Jul-1504-Jul-1505-Jul-1506-Jul-1507-Jul-1508-Jul-1509-Jul-1510-Jul-15
3WEDTHURSFRISATSUNMONTUESWEDTHURSFRI
4SOUTH ALPHAALPHA1STALPHAH10-H21WALLS HAND DUST/WASHKP008DRY / WETNights2 MONTHLY3
5SOUTH ALPHAALPHA1STALPHAH10-L10WALLSHAND DUST/WASHKP008DRY / WETNights2 MONTHLY3
6SOUTH ALPHAALPHA1STALPHAL10-L21WALLSHAND DUST/WASHKP008DRY / WETNights2 MONTHLY3
7SOUTH ALPHAALPHA1STALPHAH21-L21WALLSHAND DUST/WASHKP008DRY / WETNights2 MONTHLY3
8SOUTH ALPHAALPHA1STALPHAJ10-J21COLUMNSHAND DUST/WASHKP008DRY / WETNights2 MONTHLY3
9SOUTH ALPHAALPHA1STALPHAK10-K21COLUMNSHAND DUST/WASHKP008DRY / WETNights2 MONTHLY3
10SOUTH ALPHAALPHA1STALPHAK10-J10 - J10-J21FLOORSSWEEP / SCRUBKG015DRY / WETNightsWEEKLY3
11SOUTH ALPHAALPHA1STALPHAALLF&FHAND DUST/WASHKP008DRY / WETNightsWEEKLY3
12LOADING BAYSALPHA1STALPHAH10-L10WALLSHAND DUST/WASHKP008DRY / WETNightsMONTHLY
SHOP FLOOR (1ST) 2015 (2)

Upvote 0
OK. I can see the data. However, I do not see any dates anywhere in this data.
And regarding entries starting with an "S", I see a bunch in column A, but that is it. Is that what you are looking for the criteria?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PattiButche

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back