Extract required data from a large table

LORDMARKS

Hi All.

Ive been trying various methods to do this all week, but I'm not quite getting what i want.

I have a massive data table downloaded form an external raw source. At the minute I am importing the data, tidying it up a bit, adding details and archiving.
I have set up a reporting sheet with a selection of command buttons to import various lines of raw data based on criteria. I also have a calculations sheet which compares the data in all different ways to generate reports.

Currently the VBA will filter copy and paste selected data onto new sheet, filter and sort. The graphs are then based on the imported values compared to the archive. The problem is the graphs are fixed. at that point.

What I need to know is the best way of generating these reports so that the graphs would be dynamic, as in if filters are applied to the imported data or the data is sorted. For example if I import 100 lines and I want to display the TOP TEN to put on a graph?

Thanks All

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You should be able to use an AutoFilter.

Set up the graphs so that they use all 100 rows then just add an autofilter. Then when you select different rows the raph will change to suit.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back