Extract data from multiple excel files onto one sheet

Excelhelp77

Hi all, I am wondering how I can use VBA to extract data from multiple excel files onto one summary workbook that pulls the data from the most recent date. All of the excel files have different names but each worksheet is labeled "Financials". Each worksheet is formatted almost identically - all of the metric names are in column C and the data starts in column D, but not all of the rows are identical. I would like the Summary workbook to be able to reference a formula in order to pull the correct data. A formula that works in each of the workbooks is "=INDEX($D$1:$R$350,MATCH("Debt Service Coverage",$C$1:$C$350,0),MATCH(MAX($D$1:$R$1),$D$1:$R$1,0))". I would simply change the "Debt Service Coverage" to the other corresponding metrics that I am interested in. I am also wondering if I could have this Summary workbook automatically update when opened and have the date that the data is being pulled from for each workbook as it may be different. Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back