Exporting to Excel

Shane

Board Regular
When exporting a table directly to Excel from Access, it automatically defaults to file type Excel 95/97. How do I change this default to Excel 2000?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
The simplest way (there ARE many others) would be to go to the table, right mouse click on it, and then select export.

Next, at the bottom of the window go to "save as type" and click down arrow to select whatever you want to use....

Upvote 0
Export Queries using Macros to Excel

I'm having a similar issue -- when exporting queries using a macro to Excel, I only get an option of output format Excel, but it outputs the file to a very old version, and I need it to be output as Excel 2000. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Marie

Upvote 0
Unfortuantly I don' t have the newest version of MSOffice, you have to be the CEO of the company or a friend of the IT guys, but back to your problem.

If a macro is created.
Action: Transfer Spreadsheet
Transfer Type: Export
Spreadsheet Type: Microsoft Excel 2000

Does this help. Or simpley Copy the query or table and paste it into a spreadsheet.

Upvote 0
This could help, but it means I would have to make all of my queries a spreadsheet (table) first, and then transfer them. Is there a way to do this straight from a query? I do a multitude of queries this way (over 300 each week) and sure would like to not have to change each of them to a make table first!

Marie

Upvote 0
Give this a try:

In a macro in Acess
Action: TransferSpreadsheet
Transfer Type: Export
Spreadsheet Type: MS Excel 2000
Table Name: Type name of query in here
File Name: Path eg: c:\my documents\

The query is considered a spreadsheet, let me know if this works for you.

Upvote 0
Export from Access to Excel and overwrite previous files

Here's a twist on the previous question. When I export to Excel from Access, is there a way I can get the files to overwrite without prompting me? I have tried the SetWarnings to "no" in Access, but that doesn't do it. Any ideas for me?

Thanks !!!

Upvote 0
I just tested this with the Macro, I think you are using this.

But just add a path and file name and every time you run the macro in Access it should overwrite the Excel Spreadsheet with out prompting you.

Let me know if this helped.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirofa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back