Exporting Reports to Excel

Serious Sam

Hello out there,

When I export a report to excel (simply File, Export, then MS Excel) objects in the Footers section of the report do not come across. These are typically Sub Totals and Grand Totals.
Objects in the Header and Detail sections of the report are exported as expected.

I know that Access Reports and Excel are not altogether compatible, but if somebody has an idea to overcome this problem that would be great.

Thanks,
Sam

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
From step 2 in "Getting started with the export operation" in
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010950951033.aspx#jmp_exportACdataToXL

"All the data contained in the text boxes in the Group Header and Detail sections, and any text box in a group footer containing an expression with the Sum function."

Well, my first question would be: is a "report footer" considered to be a "group footer?" (Fortunately, it apparently is.)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;129467 is
KB 129467 - "ACC: How Reports Are Output to Microsoft Excel"
"Only sums are output from a report's group footer. To include group information in the output, place the information in the group header instead of the group footer."

Yet I don't believe you want to use the header! I suggest you experiment with the following:
1. Are you by chance using something besides text boxes for sums - like labels?
2. Do the sums begin with "=Sum(" ?
3. If sums are still not being picked up, it's a stretch, but try regenerating the report from the report wizard and its Summary Options. Don't laugh - somehow it has seemed to make sums work for me when manual creation failed.

AAR MS documentation suggests that only the "sums" are going to export. Yet when I tested it, creating a report from the report wizard, it ignored the report footer label but it independently created a label on its own for the Excel sheet.

Does all this fit your experience? Your post suggests that no footer fields are exporting, but maybe you meant that "some of them" are not.

Note: exporting to a text file picks up everything, FWIW.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CALEB23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back