Export Query Results, in Pivot Table view, to Excel

kmacd6951

Board Regular
I run Macro's every day for a couple of Queries.
The Macro displays the output in Pivot Table view.

I then have to click the button on the toolbar to export this to Excel. I can't seem to find a way through the Macro to make this happen automatically(Granted, I am not doing anything fancy (ie VBA code) for my macro... just trying to use the simple Macro Wizard screen.)

When I used the "TransferSpreadsheet' option, it only sends the raw data to Excel, not the pivot table view.

Is there a way to do this? Seems that it shouldn't be that complicated. :)

The reason I am doing this is that not everyone who needs to see these daily reports has Access, but everyone has Excel, so I need to save them as Excel files.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
The Export To Excel option is actually the equivalent of a Macro's OutputTo option. The gain with a Macro (or even better, with VBA) is that you can specify a default filepath that you'd like.

Upvote 0
I get an error when I try the OutputTo option.

"The Command or action 'OutputTo' isn't available now
* You may be in a read-only database or an unconverted database from an earlier version of Microsoft Office Access
*The type of objec the action applies to isn't currently selected or isn't the active view

Use only those commands and macro actions that are currently available for this database. "

I verified that my database is not Read Only
It isn't converted.

I have 4 actions set in this macro:

OpenQuery : View is Pivot Table; Data Mode is Edit
Set Warnings: Warnings on = no
Hourglass: Hourglass on = Yes
OutputTo: Object Type: Query; Object Name: Call Query Closed; Output Format: Microsoft Excel 97-2003 (*.xls); Output File: c:\metrics\schedule\closed call; Autostart: No;

Any idea what is causing this error?

Upvote 0
One other thing...

I inserted the action "SelectObject" above "OutputTo". This allowed the to output, but now it is not outputting as an .xls file, even though I have specified that format. I am not even sure what it is output as - windows can't recognize it.

Select Object: Object Type - Query; Object Name -Call Query Closed; In Database Window - Yes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Mize 1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back