Expiring Date formula?

hsarrategui

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I am tracking our vendor's insurance and need the expiration dates to turn red when they are either about to expire or have expired. I can't seem to find anything to help me with this. If the date is 4/12/24 then the cell should be red until I get the new cert and change the date. and then the cell shouldn't turn red again until the new date has passed. Ideally I'd like the box to turn yellow when its about to expire so I can reach out and avoid going red all together but I am not great with computers and even less knowledgeable when it comes to excel. Column D has Liability date and column E has workers comp date. They are not always the same so I need to be able to see in color when the expiration date is approaching or once it has approached. Is this making sense? LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-05 102159.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-05 102159.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
So what dates are we comparing to what dates? the ones shown to each other? Please explain in reference to what you are showing in the image, no other terms

Upvote 0
So what dates are we comparing to what dates? the ones shown to each other? Please explain in reference to what you are showing in the image, no other terms
I appreciate your patience with me. I want each cell with a date to turn red as the date in the cell is approaching.

Upvote 0
See if this works for you.

Copy it into a new sheet with D1 as the activecell.
I would usually use Range Names for the Reporting Date and the Expiry Days Lead time.
Personal preference but I don't like having Today() hard coded in a formula so I have it in the Reporting Date box.

Book2
DEFGHIJ
1LiablityWorker's CompReporting Date11/10/2024
214/10/20248/10/2024About to Expire Days5
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J1J1=TODAY()
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
D2:E10Expression=D2>$J$1textYES
D2:E10Expression=D2>($J$1-$J$2)textNO

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back