ExcelCube

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Sounds to me like it's an OLAP add-on for Excel. I can't say for sure because I am not going to shell out to find out :wink: --- but if it is, I'm betting you will need to use workbooks with a similar structure so you can line up the cube dimensions correctly.

Denis

Looks like the answer to all of those questions we field that go something like this:

"My company keeps track of monthly [insert data description here], where each workbook has data for one month, and workbooks are named [insert naming convention here]... all of the workbooks are structured the same, but I want to look at trends for the the past quarter, past year, and past 3 years. How can I do this?"

I have often wished excel worked in three dimensions. (Yes I know how to "force it";-) ) But I always thought it would be cool if you could actually work in a rotatable cube.

You can learn more about the program at www.excelcube.com.

ExcelCube has a few different pieces:

1. Consolidation - you can add together workbooks with similar formatting
2. Cross-sections - the "cube" of data created by the consolidation can be sliced up for reporting
3. Maintenance - operations such as "change this cell", "add / remove a row or column", and "add / remove a worksheet" can be done to multiple workbooks simultaneously

There's a 30-day trial version on excelcube.com if you want to try it out.

I'm one of the developers for ExcelCube, so I don't get any money from the sales, but I would like to know if the product is useful :)

Excel Champion - I have a question for you re: ExcelCube. Can it only consolidate workbooks that only have one sheet?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozdemr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back