Excel workbook repair -> Removed feature: General Information from /xl/worksheets/sheet19.xml part

Adrianna ly

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi,

Could you please advise what can be damaging my excel workbook based on the decription above? Not sure what is "general information" reffering to. The workbook is pretty complex with hidden sheets, data ranges, data validation and different formulas. One thing to note is that I created it by modifying another workbook which previously had macros in it and I've removed them all. Can you please help?

Many thanks,
Adrianna

Attachments

• issue 111.png
    issue 111.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 46

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
More detailed information would have been contained in the link at the bottom of the message box.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying, the message I got didn't contain any details at least nothing that is clear. Is it possible that by removing macros O premanently broke the file? Effectively I do not need any vba's and macros. There is also a lot of data validation in the file- would it be better if this was removed?

InkedExcel error_LI.jpg

Upvote 0
It is not possible to tell as there are thousands of possibilities why Excel would remove something.
Without more details about the workbook/what you are doing then I am afraid it is hard to help as there is no generic answer to this.

Upvote 0
@MARK858 This error message has never been helpful and the link always gives you the exact same information (equally useless). @Adrianna ly I would suggest to take a screen-shot of the error, paste that into Excel and then use File, Feedback, send a frown to report this to Microsoft.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back