Excel VBA with Internet Explorer help- fill in fields and export data

mnty89

Board Regular
So I apologize if there is a comprehensive guide to this somewhere.. I have scoured the internet and these forums searching for everything I can, but I cannot find what I'm looking for.

I am not new to macros at all, but I am unfamiliar with using them to automate IE.

Essentially what I need to do is navigate to a webpage, (may or may not need to enter through a pop up), enter username and password, then navigate to a specific button and go to the sub page, then paste in a string from the clipboard into a specific field on the webpage, then click export and choose save as etc.

So- I understand how to do that in overall macro/VBA steps, but I do not know how to translate it into IE verbiage and call specific locations or fields within IE, or determine what the pop up windows will be called or what the choices on them can be defined as...

I know this is probably somewhat elementary, and unfortunately this automation would be work related so I can't link to the specific website, but I am more looking for the base process that could be done on any website so I can tweak it for my purposes.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back