Excel VBA Practical Jokes

davidhall80

Anybody have any goods ideas as far as a VBA practical joke. My co-worker has dinged me with 2 jokes so far. 1st... an embedded a Macro in a doc she sent. She set it to Loop 1000 times....an email to myself that said in the subject line..."How to send 1000 emails in under a minute". That clogged up my outbox and I had to reboot. 2nd she placed some code in our vacation template that set me to work on all vacation days no matter what I input.

I need to get her back....Please provide anything you can think of, elorate or small....I'll take them all... Thanks alot.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Wow, those sound almost evil. She must have a lot of extra time on her hands. But because of this you could embed a macro in one of her documents/workbooks that would pop up a message something like:

"The IT department has determined that documents with malicious macros have originated from your computer. Please report to the HR department (bldg and room number) immediately."

That should get some adrenalin flowing.

Damon

There's a post in the Lounge v.2 regarding just this thing.

I'm also going to move this to the Lounge. ;)

That is not a joke. That's the definition of a virus. I would point this out to her and if she persists contact your IT security team.

That said, you should validate the code in any file you receive from an external source.

Anybody have any goods ideas as far as a VBA practical joke. My co-worker has dinged me with 2 jokes so far. 1st... an embedded a Macro in a doc she sent. She set it to Loop 1000 times....an email to myself that said in the subject line..."How to send 1000 emails in under a minute". That clogged up my outbox and I had to reboot. 2nd she placed some code in our vacation template that set me to work on all vacation days no matter what I input.

I need to get her back....Please provide anything you can think of, elorate or small....I'll take them all... Thanks alot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back