Excel to Access lookup similar

_MANNY_

Hoping someone can help me, an area totally new to me. How does one achieve a lookup type function from an Excel field to an Access record (linked table).
Looks like i might be able to do this with MS Query, but despite trying to follow some online articles i've drawn a blank - way beyond me.

Within my Excel file i have a column called "PostCode", repeating down for 10,000 rows each and every month
My Access table (just shy of 1.7 million records so too big for Excel), has each postcode in one field, with its corresponding "Latitude" and "Longitude" fields.

I want to "lookup" the postcode (from within excel, looking within Access) and return the Latitude and Longitude coordinate into two columns within the same original Excel Worksheet.
A little experience with Access queries (not too much and many moons ago), but having looked at Query / Power Query didn't know where to even start !!!
Thanks in advance folks, i know some of you guys will be able to do this in your sleep

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroDH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back