Excel Table with Formulae in Header Cells?

cheesewoman

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question but I'm a bit of a Noob when it comes to Excel Pivot tables etc, so please bear with me!

I am trying to create a pivot table based on the data from 3 sets of data.

To do this, I am first of all trying to create tables around my data sets, however; 2 of my tables have dynamic headings on the columns; they are dates which will change.. so Col1 heading =dateFromCell1, Col2 heading =dateFromCell2 etc etc. The number of columns will always remain the same (7), but the dates will change, and sometimes there will be a blank column if there are no entries for that particular day.

When I try to create an excel table using the above mentioned data range, it says that the headers will be converted to static text.

I understand that it does this to create references, but I need to be able to dynamically update those headings. So, is there some way to put formulae into table header cells, or to make table/pivot table heading cell values dynamic?

I can do a little VBA if needs be, but just struggling to figure out the best way around the issue... :)

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheesewoman

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back