Excel Sort Left To Right - 2453

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Dec 21, 2021.
Today, a quick tip for sorting left to right in Excel.

With the correct headings, it is a faster way to rearrange columns.

Check out all 12 expert tricks at:

My course on Retrieve:
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from MrExcel Podcast episode 2453 - sort left to right.
Hey, welcome back to the MrExcel netcast, I am Bill Jelen.
Today, a great Christmas present from the mighty Chandoo.
He has a video - there's a link in the top right hand corner - where he has six experts, 12 tricks. And look, when Chandoo comes to you and says “hey, give me your two favorite Excel tricks,”.you’ve got to pull out the best, right?
So it's worth your time to watch these and see how many of these twelve are new to you. I want to improve on one.
Now, we have a situation here where there are stores and the stores are not in order.
And cutting and pasting is going to be a hassle. So back here on the Data tab, under Sort.
Go to Options.
And there is an option there to Ssort Left to Right. Click OK and then we just sort on Row 1.
Because the totals are outside of that range, those formulas will continue to be correct, but we'll get store 1, store 2, store 3, Store 4, store 5, like that.
Sorting left to right, one of those obscure tricks that's out there. Check out my new course on Retrieve.
It's available now at MrExcel.Retrieve.Com.
A video course with Excel tips, but it's completely searchable with an artificial intelligence.
Takes you to the right spot in the video and you can see the transcript right there.
If you like these videos, please, down below, Like, Subscribe and Ring the Bell.
Feel free to post any questions or comments down in the comments below.
Thanks to Chandoo for that great idea of putting together tips from other people.
I love it.
Make sure to check it out again that I in the top right hand corner will get you there. Let's hear you, Nancy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirofa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back