Excel Shortcuts - Formula AutoComplete - Podcast 2126

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Aug 8, 2017.
Use Tab to insert a function into a formula
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel From MrExcel, Podcast Episode 2126: Formula AutoComplete.
Alright. So, let's say that we want to put a VLOOKUP formula in here. = V LO O K U P.
You can actually just type =VL like that, and once the formula autocomplete has only one item, then just simply press TAB, like that.
Alright, so, =VLOOKUP, we want to look up this value, , and then this is the range, this is the lookup table over here. So, I choose that whole range, CONTROL+SHIFT+DOWNARROW, CONTROL+SHIFT+RIGHTARROW, and from here I want to make sure that that table array is an absolute reference, alright? I don't want it to copy down to row 14, row 15, row 16.
So, to put those $ signs in to make an absolute reference, press the F4 key like that, , 2 , FALSE, and you have your formula. Double click the fill handle to copy that down, alright?
So =VL, TAB, and then the F4 key to put the $ signs in. [ =VLOOKUP(A13,$L$13:$M$40,2,FALSE) ] The other really cool thing that started happening here, just in Office 365 somewhere during 2016, they have a new formula called TEXTJOIN or JOINTEXT, and I can never remember which one it is. So, if I just type =JOIN, alright, they'll match any characters from anywhere.
It used to be that you’d have to type =TEXTJOIN to get this, but if I just use =JOIN and then TAB, they will let me select that, and I love TEXTJOIN.
By the way, I know this is about keyboard shortcuts but TEXTJOIN is just an awesome, awesome function, lets you put commas between a whole range of cells like that, so, another shout-out to that awesome function.
Thanks for stopping by. We'll see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back