Excel Pivot Table Mastery: Rearrange Columns Like a Pro - Super Bowl Squares - Episode 2387

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Feb 7, 2021.
Microsoft Excel Tutorial: Amazing way to rearrange the columns or rows in an Excel pivot table.

In this episode of the MrExcel Podcast, the host discusses rearranging a pivot table. He mentions playing the Rocket Mortgage Super Bowl Squares and shares the numbers that were chosen. He explains how he chose his square randomly and discusses his wife's square as well. The host then demonstrates how to rearrange the numbers in a pivot table by typing them in the desired order. He also mentions that he fixed the data in the table to have AFC and NFC in the correct order. The host concludes by inviting viewers to share their favorite square in the comments and offering a free copy of his new book to anyone whose number comes up in the game.

The numbers for the Rocket Mortgage Super Bowl Squares are out. It is super easy to rearrange a pivot table in Excel by simply typing.

For more about how I generated the pivot table in the first place, see episode 2385 at

Buy Bill Jelen's latest Excel book: MrExcel 2022 Boosting Excel

You can help my channel by clicking Like or commenting below: Why clicking Like on a YouTube video helps my channel

#pivottable
#pivot_table
#excelpivot
#excelpivottablestutorial

This video answers these common search terms:
how to rearrange columns in excel pivot table
how to rearrange columns in excel pivot
how to rearrange a pivot table in excel
how to pick column order on excel pivot table
Super Bowl Squares
How to play Super Bowl Squares
Super Bowl Squares odds
Super Bowl Squares strategy
Super Bowl Squares pool
Super Bowl Squares board
Super Bowl Squares numbers
Super Bowl Squares spreadsheet
Super Bowl Squares prizes
Super Bowl Squares grid
Super Bowl Squares winners
Super Bowl Squares scoring
Super Bowl Squares tips

Table of Contents
(0:00) Problem Statement: Rearrange order of pivot table
(0:10) Super Bowl Squares Heat Map
(0:57) Odds of winning with particular Super Bowl Square combination
(1:13) Rearrange items in a pivot table by typing over them
(2:01) Pandemic Super Bowl Food & Best Square
(2:34) Clicking Like really helps with the algorithm
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Hey, Learn Excel from  MrExcel Podcast Episode 2387.  Easily Rearrange a Pivot Table.
Hey, the big day is here.  If you played the Rocket  Mortgage Super Bowl Squares.  The numbers are out.
So I wanted to rearrange my pivot table here.  Boy, it is super easy.
Check this out.  They published a heat map ...
but this is on their Twitter account ...  of where people chose.
And I was careful.  I was super careful when I chose  my square to use =RANDBETWEEN(0,9).  That way I would just choose randomly,  not where people psychologically choose.  I chose right out here, which is beautiful.
No one else chose out there.  Unfortunately, bad draw, 5-5, which  as we talked about the other day,   will have no chance of winning.
No one's ever been 35-35 in a Super Bowl before.  Hey, but MrsExcel, oh, she has a good square.
She has 3 for Kansas City, 0 for Tampa Bay,   and lots of ways that could happen.
Unfortunately she's right there in the center.  Where if that comes up, then she's against  all those other people who drew it.  All right, but I want to take my numbers here.
By the way, I updated this.  The data that I downloaded, it wasn't  consistently AFC first and then NFC.  It was all mixed up, so I fixed that, so  NFC across the top, AFC down the side.  I want to make my numbers look like these numbers.
This shocks me every time I do it.  I just want to remind you that  you have a pivot table here.  That first column is 0, and  that second column is 1.  We have 3.9 in the top left-hand  corner, 1.7 in the next corner.  This would never work in regular Excel,  but it works beautifully in a pivot table.  I'm going to type a 1 there, and when I press  Enter, all of the numbers from the 1 column,   they'll jump over to that column.
Isn't that freaking awesome?  I thought this was going to be really hard to  rearrange this, but then I remembered this trick.  I just have to type the numbers in the  order that they are in the graphic, 2-8-5,   and then 7-5-2-4-3-9, 8-1-6-0, and there's  the chances of winning and the heat map.  Now, hey, downstairs, that's MrsExcel.
We're making Kansas City barbecue sliders   and Ybor City from Tampa Cuban sandwiches.
I know because of the pandemic, no one's   going to be having the big Super Bowl  party, so let's have some fun together.  If you happen to watch this video before the  game starts and you played Super Bowl Squares,   down in the comments below, tell me what  your favorite square is, the best square   that you actually have that you're trying to  win tonight, and you're up against all kinds   of other people for the 50,000 or the 500,000.
If you put a comment down below and your number   comes up, I'll give you a free copy of my new  book, MrExcel 2021, which will be out later this   week, so go ahead down there.
Good luck.  Have a great game.
Enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back