Excel map of UK Postal Areas

Vicky9063

Board Regular
Hi,
I have postcode data of the UK down to the outward code (ie TW1, AB10 etc) and I would like to use this data in an excel spreadsheet but link it to pricing information on a map of the UK. So I would like to have a graded colour scale of postal areas (if possible to include the outward code but if this is not easily readable on a map then down to postal area ie AB, TW) with a darker colour shade or hatch based on the cost data. I know that postal code maps exist but is it possible to integrate one into an excel workbook without having to export it from somewhere else?
THanks!
v

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
What are you actually trying to do? Are you trying to indicate the cost per distance from postcode?

Are the two postcode variable (i.e. one isn't static)?

I have written some code to calculate the distance between postcodes which then could be used to calculate a costing. In addition my example excel sheet would also map you postcodes onto a UK map (currently just showing the counties, not postcode areas specifically).

Mapping to all 1.6 million postcodes isn't a quick option in excel. I have done with an Access database, linked to a VBA excel vlookup macro but is is not what you would call quick!

If you want a copy, PM your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Upvote 0
What are you actually trying to do? Are you trying to indicate the cost per distance from postcode?

Are the two postcode variable (i.e. one isn't static)?

I have written some code to calculate the distance between postcodes which then could be used to calculate a costing. In addition my example excel sheet would also map you postcodes onto a UK map (currently just showing the counties, not postcode areas specifically).

Mapping to all 1.6 million postcodes isn't a quick option in excel. I have done with an Access database, linked to a VBA excel vlookup macro but is is not what you would call quick!

If you want a copy, PM your email address and I'll send you a copy.
This would be really useful :) Would massively appreciate your help with this

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
h899

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back