Excel is calculating wrong

piethein123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
So i have another weird thing with excel which is causing me to be incorrect over a million euros in reporting
4 lines specifically in a file of around 20000 lines are calculated wrong - below you'll find the largest misser
How is it possible when i have sum.if based on unique number in 1st column and summing the values in EUR that it calculated almost 1 million?

is it because my file is 50 MB ?
3 other lines it's calculation in the 40K when that should be just a few hundreds

uniqueItemItem categoryCompany CodeNet valueCurrencymappingEURcombined
900000​
1​
doesn't matterdoesn't matter45,20AUD
0,60612​
€ 27,40
999578,2​
900000​
2​
doesn't matterdoesn't matter115,15AUD
0,60612​
€ 69,79
999578,2​

thanks if anyone can clarify this. If i need to double check excel for its calculations, i can hire another person.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I am not sure what I am looking at here. Can you explain the details of the error, exactly as it pertains to the data you have shown us?
What exactly is the formula that is not working right? Can you post that too?

There is an easy to verify if the size of the file, or the file itself has some sort of issue with it (corruption).
Copy out all the lines causing issues to a new file (4 lines), and see if the math works right there.
If it does, then the issue is with your original file.
If the math still does not work, you probably have a data issue you aren't seeing (i.e. small decimal amounts or special characters you aren't seeing).

Upvote 0
I did already - did you read what i wrote? the column combined calculates via sumif the total of EUR column with the first column being the criteria
over 19000 lines are correctly calculated , but 4 not.
I understand you can take them out and seperate calculate - they work fine when i do - i'm trying to figure out what the logic for excel is to mess specifically these 4 lines up in my mother file.

Upvote 0
Yes, I did read what you wrote, but it is very hard for us to do much with it when you have just cherry-picked a few data lines and not shown us any of your formulas.
I don't know what you expect us to do with that.

We need a bit more. Access to your data file would probably be most helpful, if you can upload a copy to a file sharing site and provide a link for us to download, that would probably be the most beneficial.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquamusic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back