Excel Import - New User

schafle

Help Please.

I am new to Access. I want to import a lot of sales detail into access for further reporting and analysis. When I import external data, everything appears to go fine but I can not seem to find the the imported data in a database. Can you point me in the right direction. Thanks

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi,

Part of the import process asks you to specifiy whether the data is saved in a new table or an existing table. If you save it in a new table it then asks for the table name - the name usually defaults to something like "Sheet 1" unless you change it. I suggest you look at your tables (Menu, View, Database Objects, Tables) and you may find "Sheet 1" or something similar there.

If you imported the data into an existing table then you should find the data within the table you specified at that time (Menu, View, Database Objects, Tables, double click the table to open it).

If there were any issues with the import process then you will often see a table with a heading like "Import Errors" or something similar. This will show the row number and the issue with the imported data.

Hope this helps, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
Are you trying to append to an existing table or start a new one? If you're appending, you may not see your newly added data unless you go to the end record and look up from there. If I don't have a stable setup, I like to import a new table before I integrate it with existing info, just so I don't FUBAR myself.

File-->Get External Data-->Import or Link usually works fine.

The hardest part about Access is getting things set up the right way; after that it's generally a breeze.

For more than that, you'd have to be more specific...

HTH,

Smitty

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back