Excel - greater than value from a range + an additional if

rizzstang

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi = I've been fumbling around and cannot figure this out. If someone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Cell A1= If any % in a moving list (Column M; i.e. the top number will be abs val'd and the list will grow as we pull down) is greater than 50%, then a cell is multiplied by 10%...
if any of the numbers in the list are less than or greater to 50%, then there's one more "if" statement based on this being correct (i.e. one of the %s in the list are less than 50%). If there's a % in the list less than 50% then the test is whether the % in the current row/cell (not the full list) is < or > 50%. If the current cell is >50%, then a cell is multiplied by 10% or if the current cell is <50% then a cell is multiplied by 25%.

a doozy for me at least :)
Thank you!!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Cell A1= If any % in a moving list (Column M; i.e. the top number will be abs val'd and the list will grow as we pull down) is greater than 50%, then a cell is multiplied by 10%...
if any of the numbers in the list are less than or greater to 50% then there's one more "if"
Hi,
You have some repeated conditions so your requirements are unclear. It'd be helpful if you could show a few different scenarios (5-10 rows) for each scenario of the expected result.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Cubist for offering to help! I'm not sure if this picture is clear. let me know if I should try again. Basically there's a trigger once the LTV hits 50%. Before that point it's easy and the formula is simple. But once the 50% LTV happens (in May) then there will be two subsequent formulas depending on the LTV.

In short, once May/50%LTV happens all bets are off and the two new formulas kick in

LTV - Loan-to-Value in case you were wondering...thanks for giving it a shot!!
note: I changed the percentages...they're arbitrary as the ones I'm working with are rather precise.
If I need to do this in a few columns, that's fine too.

Excel Help.PNG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csmithbuffalo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back