Excel- Graphs do not update when input data is changed

jvanwingerden

In a model I'm currently working on my graphs don't update anymore when I'm changing my input data. The data itself is still changing, but my graphs won't update untill I have selected the graph line and press enter. In earlier version the graphs still update automatically, so I don't know what is the problem here. I have already tried to change the source data but this doesn't help. Building a new graph doesn't help either, nor does copying all worksheets into a new workbook......

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
OK, a few people seem to have this problem, but there don't seem to be any solutions.

1. Have you tried ctrl+alt+F9 to refresh?
2. where are you getting the data from for the graph?
3. Could you post the formula/range for the source data and an explanation if it needs one?
4. Have you tried making a totally new workbook and making an unrelated graph to see if that works?

Upvote 0
Tom,

I have tried your possible solutions and these are the outcomes;

1. Tried this, but it doesn't help
2. The data for the graph is from the same worksheet, as for every graph. But not a single graph in the entire workbook updates.
3. I think this is not necessary. The graphs won't update in the entire workbook. If I use a older version of the model the graphs do update and is seems like there is a bug in this particulat workbook and the worksheets which are in it. When I copy a worksheet from this bugged workbook, the graphs stop updating too.
4. In a new workbook the graphs still work correctly, I'm now rebuilding the model from a older version, but I'm still curious how to debug this problem.

Hopefully, someone knows how to solve this. As stated by Tom this is a problem sometimes occurs in excel, so there should be a solution??

Upvote 0
Annoying but possible solution:

1.Create your graph while using the macro recorder.

2.Take that code and add it to a sheet change or chart change event.

I'm not sure about the exact code for this but I hope it helps you a little if you can stretch to using vba instead of using chart wizard etc.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Assy Bissy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back