Ascherith

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I need help with an excel formula that will auto populate the column PRIORITY LEVEL based on columns CRITICALITY and FREQUENCY LEVEL (see attached screenshot of what should be populated in PRIORITY LEVEL column).
I know that this can be done using IF function, but I can't seem to find the correct one.

I would really appreciate all the help that I can get. Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Excel Formula:
=IF(A7="Low", IF(C7="High", "Mid","Low"),IF(A7="Mid",C7,"High"))
Thank you very much, it worked perfectly. If you have time to spare, can you kindly explain this code. I can read some codes, but this is a bit confusing for me.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much, it worked perfectly. If you have time to spare, can you kindly explain this code. I can read some codes, but this is a bit confusing for me.
@AlphaFrog sorry, I think there is an issue with the code. I thought it was working perfectly. See the attached. Criticality "MID" and Frequency Level "LOW" became Priority Level "HIGH". This should have been "LOW" only. Can you kindly check on this? Thank you.
1727355212557.png

Upvote 0
@AlphaFrog sorry, I think there is an issue with the code. I thought it was working perfectly. See the attached. Criticality "MID" and Frequency Level "LOW" became Priority Level "HIGH". This should have been "LOW" only. Can you kindly check on this? Thank you.
View attachment 117347
@AlphaFrog never mind bro. Sorry, I made the mistake, not your formula. Thank you again!

Upvote 0
117326-9da19b35daa47133d08f163de150c227.png

Excel Formula:

The 1st IF tests if A7 is Low...

If that's TRUE, then the 2nd IF tests if C7 is High
It then returns Mid if TRUE or Low if FALSE. That covers all the possibilities if A7=Low

The 3rd IF is in the FALSE position for the 1st IF (i.e. A7=Low is FALSE). It tests if A7=Mid
If TRUE, it returns whatever is in C7 (that covers all of the possibilities if A7=Mid).
If FALSE, it returns High. A7 must be High because the 1st and 3rd IFs already tested for A7 being Low or Mid. High is the only result if A7 is High regardless of what is in C7.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back