Excel for Pocket PCs

jhannifan

I have been considering getting a pocket pc. I was wondering if it is realistic to expect to be able to use excel on this. Does any one use excel on one. How well does it work? What are the limitations?
Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
have a look at Quicktime.....great product for the price although using a pocket PC obviously has its limitations.....using an USB link you can upload/download...

one last tip....sign on to ebay and you can pick up this product for next to nothing...

chef

Upvote 0
Reviving this thread to ask a question: My boss has me shopping and comparing hand-helds that would be issued to our field techs. For various reasons, she has said she wants a Windows-based system and strongly prefers Dell.

One of the most important things she wants the techs to be able to do is enter data on an Excel spreadsheet, and be able to use an expansion card so the sheets they work on in the field can be opened on/copied to their desktop PCs and used there (and then back and forth as editing and updating continue between the office and the field).

I found the Dell Axim x50 (and x30), which comes with pocket Windows (or whatever the OS is called these days), as well as pocket versions of Word, Outlook, and Excel, plus an SD slot. This sounded great, until I started hearing rumblings that pocket Excel and desktop Excel don't always play nicely with one another, which sounds like trouble for her plan of on-the-fly office/field data transfer.

Can anyone here speak to this issue, either from experience or reliable anecdotal evidence? :help:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikhil excel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back