Excel Filter to Over $20K - Podcast 2255

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Feb 27, 2019.
An awesome tip from Kris and Taylor in New Mexico - how to use the AutoFilter to filter to all rows above $20K in Excel.
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from Mr. Excel podcast, episode 2255. Filter to over 20,000.
Hey welcome back to Mr. Excel netcast, I’m Bill Jelen.
Great trick learned on the road. I was in Albuquerque, New Mexico and someone—I was talking about filter by selection. You know, it’s when you have the auto filter up here to the access tool bar and Taylor and Chris, both suggested this awesome thing. Let’s say we have filtered everything 20,000 or above. So right here in the very last row beneath the numbers, greater than 19,500 which will work in this case. Choose that cell, come up here, hit auto filter or filter by selection and bam, we get everybody above 20,000. What an awesome trick that is.
You know, filter by selection, right click customize quick access toolbar, commands not in the ribbon, choose auto filter alright.
That’s the old name for filters. This magic thing does filter by selection which is kind of like doing right click filter to selected cells value but so much faster than that.
But that awesome trick and of course, whatever we’re looking for gets hidden because it’s text and not a number. What an awesome trick is that.
Well hey, I want to thank you for stopping by, we’ll see you next time for another netcast from Mr. Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back