Excel Fill Monday Weds Fri Dates - 2256

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Feb 28, 2019.
There is a well-known trick in Excel to fill just weekdays. But what if your work week is not Monday through Friday? Today, a trick with WORKDAY.INTL in Excel to fill Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from Mr. Excel podcast, episode 2256. Fill Monday, Wednesday, Friday dates.
Hey welcome back to Mr. Excel netcast, I’m Bill Jelen.
This question from my Mobile, Alabama seminar, you know you can right click or right drag, right drag and say fill weekdays and it fills just the Monday ghd through Friday dates and some said, “Wait, I need to fill Monday, Wednesday, Friday.” Okay, So here’s my trick. I’m going to use network days on international that actually work date on international.
Both of these have the secret, undocumented weekend argument. So what I’m going to do is, I’m going to say equal workday international, start date, the date right above me. I want to go up one workday from there and then the weekend, see it’s not in this list here, you never know that this is here. The weekend is going to in quotes, has to be “7 binary digits” starting with Monday. Zero means it’s a weekend. So Monday, nil, not a weekend, Tuesday yes, weekend, Wednesday not a weekend, Thursday is a weekend, Friday, not a weekend, Saturday, Sunday like that and—oh, right answer, wrong format. It happens so many times in Excel. Alright, so jumps from Monday to Wednesday, I’ll just grab the phil handle and drag and it will give me all of the Monday, Wednesday, Friday dates, awesome little trick there with workday.intl.
Hey, I want to thank you for stopping by, I’ll see you next time for another netcast from Mr. Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back