Excel file on SharePoint used at the same time

ausswe

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I have created a file that my coworkers use to pull information from and the file is stored on SharePoint and accessed by them either via Teams or the desktop app.

Seeing that several people might access it at the same time - is there any way to set it so that they can only see their own changes? At the moment what happens is that if colleague A has set filters or entered values to filter out result from the data and colleague B jumps on and does the same thing, colleague B removes the criterias and/or filters that colleague A has started entering.

I know of temporary views and seen some suggestions to create views for each user, but that isn't an option unfortunately as their knowledge varies a lot when it comes to Excel and I would have to configure 50+ views in that case.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
There really isn't an efficient way of accomplishing this unfortunately. The most efficient process for multiple users entering data and only wanting to see their own views would be a Microsoft (SharePoint) List. It is way easier for people to filter/manipulate views without affecting other users in the document/list at the same time. You can also pull all the necessary data into an Excel file if the process owner requires it in Excel form still.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmajax

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back