Excel Fast Exit Excel Close All - Episode 2270

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Feb 28, 2019.
A fast way to close all workbooks in Excel
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from MrExcel podcast episode 2270.
Fast close all don’t save all.
Hey welcome back to MrExcel netcast, Im Bill Jelen. It’s Thursday February 28th. You know I started out this morning with a question.
Is there a Guinness Book of World Records entry for the most number of YouTube videos recorded and uploaded in a single day? I don’t know and I’m sure I didn’t get it. But why fifteen videos in one day? I’ve just had this pile of great ideas that I’ve gotten from months of Power Excel seminars plus new items from the new book. This was a quick, quick way to catch up, alright. So I managed to get a new video up every fifteen minutes.
But that’s it. I got to go run some errands.
So that’s it for the day. Word of the day.
If you’ve been following, you know exactly what this means. Then go so you have a chance to win the book.
Today’s tip came from my Orlando seminar just two weeks ago. I always do Alt FX to close Excel. Someone said, “Hey, there’s a faster way to do that. You want to close all these workbooks? Look at all the workbooks I have for today. All these different podcasts that I have opened. And I saved them all, I just need to close Excel. I need to get the heck out of town. Alright. Watch this.
Hold down the shift key and then hold, press the X, shift then X is like the world’s greatest file exit and then you can either go through answer all these questions, like this one. I know I just saved this, what’s up with that? Must have ran between or something like that or hold down the shift key when you click don’t save and it will crash Excel, woohoo! Well that’s not suppose to happen.
Alright. But here we go. This has to be up.
So, try it. I’m sure it’s some crazy thing I did with one of those Excel videos today.
Hold down the shift key when you click the x on the top right hand corner and it will close all workbooks. Great tip there.
The new book, MrExcel LX, that’s 60. Covers Excel forwards and backwards. Get it? Excel LX, comes out tomorrow. Check out the link there in the YouTube. Click that little “i” for that information of this new book.
Hey thanks for stopping by. We’ll see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back