Excel Easy Picture Transparency is New - 2243

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Oct 1, 2018.
New Excel Features announced at Ignite 2018 include the Picture Transparency feature. If you have a photo in your Excel spreadsheet and want to see what is behind the picture, it is now easy using the new setting in Office 365.
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from MrExcel podcast episode 2243: Easy Picture Transparency in Excel.
Hey, welcome back to the MrExcel netcast. I'm Bill Jelen.
Now, last week was the Ignite Conference held in Orlando.
27,000 people descended on this conference at Microsoft and the Excel team had some great new announcements, and one of those announcements, is right here.
Back here on the picture tools tab This is in Office Insiders or Office...
the monthly channel and I'm certainly Insiders Fast.
So, if you have a picture, you select that picture, you can have that transparency, and very easily change the transparency of the picture.
So you can actually see the words behind the picture.
You know, the pictures are on a layer above the grid. All right?
So you can't see what's on the grid, but now you have very easy choices here to change the picture transparency.
And even go into picture transparency options, where you can use, you know, exact amounts, if you need one of those in the middle.
Now, here's the hassle with picture transparency is, hey now I can see the stuff and I want to click there on cell A4 to talk about how VLOOKUP is 10 times faster for large data sets, but no I can't do that.
I have to come out here to the side and click outside and then use the arrow keys to move in. All right?
So, if you need to move around, you need to get around the picture.
Or I guess, you know, if you click wrong, you can press F5 and say that you want to go to cell A1 and now I'm back there, and I can move around using the arrow keys. Right.
So, it's not a big hassle, just a small hassle. So, picture transparency. Cool new tool announced at Ignite.
All last week we talked about the dynamic arrays.
Artificial intelligence insights has now been renamed ideas. It's out here on the far right hand side of the home tab.
I'll put a link there to the original insights video.
And then the new data stocks and geography types, we'll talk about those in an upcoming episode.
All of this stuff covered in my new book, which is now shipped to the printer.
Microsoft Excel 2019 Inside Out.
Click that i on the top right hand corner and we'll get you more information about that book. Well, wrap up for today.
Picture transparency.
Easy way to change the transparency of any picture.
To download the workbook from today's video, visit the URL in the YouTube's description. Hey, I wanna thank you for stopping by.
We'll see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DIIA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back