Excel Drop Down Multiple Select/Remove & Auto Alphabetize Selections

Sactown Steve

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there. I'm brand new to Excel data validation and VB coding. I'm really excited to learn about what Excel can really do. I watched several very helpful videos and figured out most of what I'm trying to achieve. I'm stuck on how to:
  1. How to auto-sort selections as shown in the Target columns (alphabetically sorted in Target columns). When I select from the alphabetized list, the value displayed in the drop down mimics the order I selected them (so not alphabetized in some cases). Example: If Target values are Bob, Chris, James... and I select from the drop down Chris, Bob, James, the drop down displays names in the order I selected. I would like the displayed names to be alphabetized.
  1. How to code deselecting a value by clicking on it in the drop down. I would like to be able to select a name that has already been selected, and upon clicking that name, remove it from being displayed. Example: I selected Bob, Chris, James.... I need to remove Chris, so I click the drop box and select Chris. The "double selection" of Chris removes him from being displayed (he's deselected).

I uploaded a screenshot of the VB coding I'm using. Target values are in multiple columns [thus Range("Q:U")]. I also coded it to display each selected value (multiple values displayed in a cell) to not repeat a value if it has already been selected. So clicking on the same name does not add it again to be displayed. I'm on the right path, but really could use help figuring out the two above issues.

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back