Excel Document Location - Episode 2258

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Feb 28, 2019.
An awesome trick from Candace & Robert in Topeka of how to copy the path to your workbook using Document Location on the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel.
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from MrExcel podcast, episode 2258. Document Location, Hey welcome back to MrExcel netcast, I’m Bill Jelen.
I got this awesome tip while I was doing my Topeka power Excel seminar from both Candice and Robert and what’s so funny is after I was in Topeka, Microsoft added this to Excel.
So if you’re in the Office Insiders, you have this new thing now where you can go to file info. I have to tell you, I love these four new buttons up here, especially these two. Open file location or copy paths, right.
So if I just need to have the path in the clipboard, I can do that or I can open the file location. It used to be down here in the far right-hand side of open file location but having these four new buttons up here is awesome.
But let’s say you’re not on Office 365 and you’re not on Insiders. And let me show you the trick from Candice and Robert. So I’m going to show the quick access toolbar below the ribbon. That gives me a lot more room down here. Right click customize quick access toolbar, go to commands not in the ribbon and then look in the Ds for something called, document location. There it is. Add, alright click Ok. Now it takes up a lot of space right there. But here’s the awesome thing. You can right click and… right click… why can’t I get… right click… copy is not working. What is up with that. Here we are. Right click and then copy and now you have it. Not as easy as file info but still a cool, cool way to go.
Hey, I want to thank you for stopping by.
We’ll see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back