Excel Combo Box Problem

mispriss04

I created a form using the control toolbox and made combo boxes with true or false as the selections. On the master sheet that the form is being linked to the responses are showing as numbers rather than the actual text selection. Is there a way to fix that?

Also is there a way to determine a variance per question? Such as having 10 forms all feed to one sheet (which i have already done) and then have it tell you the variance of people chosing different answers? I basically need to see if people agree and if not how far off they are.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Thanks! :)

Ok, so I've already created about 11 forms...all using ComboBoxes from the Forms Toolbar (basically, I'm not going to go back and redo anything with the Control Toolbox). I'm not exactly sure how to use the fomula with the index number for the ListFillRange.

I have 11 forms (same form, just duplicated) all feeding to a master sheet. The input range is being taken from a sheet ListBoxData to populate the available drop downs. And then I have a reponses sheet that the cell is linked to. So I'm not sure on how to fix the problem?

Upvote 0
There's an example of a formula in the link I posted:

=INDEX(ListForComboAndList,C1)

The first argument is the range used as the ListFillRange, and the second argument is the linked cell.

Upvote 0
in the format control box it says:

Input range: ListBoxData!$A$1:$A$2
Cell link: Responses!L6
Drop down lines: 2

Upvote 0
oh ok! I got that....cool...thank you!

So will I have to do that repeatedly to have all the responses to show up as text?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back