Excel chart issues

climshady

Hi,

I have been facing this excel chart issue recently and have spent a bit of time browsing various other forums to no avail. Hoping by putting it up in a post, I might be able to learn if anyone else has come across something similar or would happen to know a solution.

I am currently using Office 2010. Normally, when you create an excel chart, you can either a) click on the columns which will bring up the coloured outlines around the source data and directly drag the outlines around the preferred selection, or b) go click on the chart and go to "Select data" to change each series as required.

Now however, when i click on my chart, the coloured outlines appear only for a second and than they go away, but the chart would still be selected. As such, I am unable to drag the outlines around the source data and am forced to use method (b). This is doable but painfully slow

Not sure what could have caused this change as I don't think it is a settings problem.

Grateful for any help

Thanks
Chris

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Sorry, I have found out the issue, it was an excel add-in which was causing the problem. Not sure what exactly, but when I removed it, the issue went away.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back