Excel 2019 and map-tools, can I do this?

RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I understand Excel 2019 has a mapping suite built in, where you can mark maps with postcodes etc.

At the moment I have some 1,000 postcodes which I have marked on Google Maps with little pins, these are colour-coded according to strength (for example, if 900 records are in the postcode for Sheffield, this is a darker colour than 240 records within a postcode for Braintree)

What I would like to do is have a map on one sheet, with all these postcodes marked as pins with colour-coding, then when I plan a route, let's say the route goes:

Swanage - Wareham - Poole - Bournemouth - Christchurch - Salisbury - Amesbury - Swindon - Cirencester

These pins on the map then disappear.

My question really is just how in-depth is the map tools? The answer for this will inform whether we decide to commit the business to an Excel license.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
If you buy the office suite then you aren't committing a open ended monthly payment.

The online blurb from MS is confusing. single machine, but says the apps can be installed five time per user, and that there are unlimited users.

You might be able to get the 2016 version which has map access also, and should be easier to source

Upvote 0
If you buy the office suite then you aren't committing a open ended monthly payment.

The online blurb from MS is confusing. single machine, but says the apps can be installed five time per user, and that there are unlimited users.

You might be able to get the 2016 version which has map access also, and should be easier to source

Nice one, thanks, does anyone know how versatile the map functionality is?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back