Excel 2016 Cell Fill and Font Will Not Change

prezlyn

Hello.

I am having issues with an Excel Workbook that I created. On a few of the pages the "Fill Color" is not appearing. However on some of the previous pages, the "Fill Color" is appearing. I have tried to correct the current pages by selecting a cell and click the fill button on the ribbon. The cell stays white. I then type some text into the cell and try to change the font color via the button. The text remains black. I have also double clicked the text to edit in the cell, and I can then see the fill color that I have selected behind a white cell box around the text. If I right click on the cell and choose cell formatting I can see the colors I selected for the background and font. They just don't show on the sheet. I have also created a new document with no issues as described above.

I have tried the Conditional Formatting > Manage Rules and also tried the Ease of Accessibility route. Neither solved the issue. I also ran Microsoft Diagnostics Tool which found no issues.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for any advice or help that you can provide.

Sincerely ~ Cristine :)

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Welcome to the Board!

Are you sure that there is no Conditional Formatting rules applied to the sheet at all? Did you try removing all Conditional Formatting?
Is there any VBA code in the Sheet module of the sheets having the issues?

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you for the information. I have re-checked and there is no Conditional Formatting rules on the sheets at all, so there is nothing to remove. I am unfamiliar with VBA code, what it is and how it works so I could not answer that question intelligently.

Upvote 0
Right-click on the sheet tab name at the very bottom of the screen, select View Code, and the VB Editor window should pop up for that sheet.
Is the sheet blank, or is there any code in there?

Also, another indication of whether VBA exists is the filename extension. "xlsx" files do not have VBA. What is the extension of your file?

Upvote 0
Hello Rory!

Thank you for providing this link! This was the solution! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond and provide a solution to my issue.

Sincerely,
Cristine

Upvote 0
The sheet is blank, there is no code. I had also checked the file extensions previous to your reply and they are only "xlsx" files. I did follow the link for RoryA's suggestion and I do believe that it was a bug in the Excel program. I ran the update and the problem has been corrected. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort that you put into trying to solve my issue. Sincere thanks! :)

Upvote 0
From all that I have seen, it looks like Excel 2016 is a bit buggy.
I will be in no hurry to upgrade to it!

Upvote 0
when my IT person attempted to install this update, MS did not recognize that I have the product...absurd! Everyone in my bldg., including me, has it...he went right to where the program files were on my computer :confused:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back