Excel 2010 VBA Live Lessons

Mozzz

Board Regular
I am looking for a good resource such as the live lessons that are for 2007 for Excel VBA 2010. There are enough differences between 2007 and 2010 that it is money well spent if I can find a tutorial. I already have Bill's book and would like to get a cd for 2010 if it is available.

Can't find anything!

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Although it probably does not contain any VBA there is a Live Lessons DVD for 2010:
http://www.mrexcel.com/livelesson10.html
The VBA Live Lessons for VBA and Macros is probably going to be OK for Excel 2010 but the macro recorder in 2010 is much better than it was in 2007 and is likely to give you some reasonable code to start with.

I agree, what I am looking for is a better understanding of using the 2010 VBA help.

If I type in MsgBox, hover over it and press f1 it comes back useful
If I type in ActiveCell I get the three categories. Now what?

Maybe all I am really looking for is the properties and methods syntex and options. Methods work easy, properties not so easy. Probably because I don't understand which is what I am trying to correct.

Let me say that Mr. Excels "Excel VBA and Macros with MrExcel" has been a great resource for me, Help is just on area where it seems a little weak for a 2010 VBA Beginner.

Simple question, hard answer in help - find numerical values of different colors - explanation of color is given but not index. With so much emphasis being given on the use of help I struggle with inability to find a basic tutorial on it. It really is massive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mozzz

Do me a favor. If you have 2010, put your cursor over "offset" and hit the F1. I haven't been able to get to the definition given in Bills 2007 examples for the offset property.

How do I get to this screen in 2010??

Thanks,

Mozzz

I do not know which 'screen' you are referring to but I expect that you are taken online to Microsoft.com. From here you can type 'offset' in the search box to get help.

Also note that the 'Search button' drop-down allows you select "Content from this computer" instead by selecting Excel or Developer as an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back