exceeding rows limit

sony

Board Regular
Hi,

i need to accumulate new data every month into one excel sheet, now the data are overflowing because excel can take max 65,536 rows, but i need more rows to accommodate the data.

My problem now is I am using pivot tabe to do analysis over the sheet data, now i am eager to nkow, is there any simple way i can continue to accumulate data and use the curent pivot table (maybe by extending the pivot range).

i need your expertise advice. thank you

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
sony said:
Hi,

i need to accumulate new data every month into one excel sheet, now the data are overflowing because excel can take max 65,536 rows, but i need more rows to accommodate the data.

My problem now is I am using pivot tabe to do analysis over the sheet data, now i am eager to nkow, is there any simple way i can continue to accumulate data and use the curent pivot table (maybe by extending the pivot range).

i need your expertise advice. thank you

Hi Sony,

Ok I'll bite :) You're saying you have a stream of data that exceeds 65,536 items right? Have you considered organizing your data differently? What type of data are you looking at? What type of analisys and where are you placing the results?

Perhaps if you provide some sample data or a more specific description of the animal you're wrestling with someone here can point you in the right direction.

Upvote 0
dear,

i have considered to put each month data on each sheet. But if doing so, i don't know who to create a pivot table which can cover the many sheets.

I tried to use the "mutli consolidation range" option, but the pivot table will give me only those "Row", "Column", "value", "Page" for me to move around, whereas those normal items have missed out in that pivot. e.g. in my sheet , there are columns named Customer name, Customer code, model name, quantity etc., those are missing if used pivot table by "multi-consolidation range."Could you advise?

Upvote 0
As egres states it would be wise to review the contents of your data.

This is an excel forum but there are other tools for data-analyses in fact there are a lot of tools!

try SAS.

Upvote 0
... or Microsoft Access

Upvote 0
Yeay Whilst SAS would offer the most elegant of solutions, acces would be much more accesible for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvan07

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back