EURO 2024 Predictions v Actual score

Axdby

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Mobile
Cells G1 & H1 are the predicted score. I1 & J1 the actual score. If game finishes with a different score but with the same outcome (Win, Draw or Loss):what is the formula to indicate if I have predicted the correct outcome of a match in N1

Attachments

• IMG_7356.jpeg
    IMG_7356.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here's one way you could try:

Book6
GHIJKLMN
1PredictionActualCorrect
2HAHAW-D-L
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
N3:N8N3=IF(AND(AND(G3<>I3,H3<>J3),OR(AND(G3=H3,I3=J3),AND(G3<H3,I3<J3),AND(G3>H3,I3>J3))),5,0)

Upvote 0
Another option.

Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTA(I3:J3)=0,"",IF(LOOKUP(MAX($G3:$H3),$G3:$H3,$G$2:$H$2)=LOOKUP(MAX($I3:$J3),$I3:$J3,$I$2:$J$2),5,0))

Upvote 0
=IF(AND(AND(G3<>I3,H3<>J3),OR(AND(G3=H3,I3=J3),AND(G3<H3,I3<J3),AND(G3>H3,I3>J3))),5,0)

Thank yo7nfor your reply. Unfortunately when I enter this formula and press enter, the cell only shows the complete formula

Upvote 0
Unfortunately when I enter this formula and press enter, the cell only shows the complete formula
Hi, format the cell where you are placing the formula as number of general and then re-enter the formula.

Upvote 0
Thank yo7nfor your reply. Unfortunately when I enter this formula and press enter, the cell only shows the complete formula
I apologise……. I have misled you a wee bit. It doesn’t matter what the actual score is. I want to know if I have predicted the same outcome

Upvote 0
Hi, format the cell where you are placing the formula as number of general and then re-enter the formula.

Changed format, still displayed the fotprmulamwithin the cell. Now, I have to
apologise……. I have misled you a wee bit. It doesn’t matter what the actual score is. I want to know if I have predicted the same outcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I have misled you a wee bit. It doesn’t matter what the actual score is. I want to know if I have predicted the same outcome
Are the results you see in the example in post #2 the results you are expecting? If not, what results do you expect for that sample data?
Changed format, still displayed the fotprmulamwithin the cell.

Try to click the button shown in the image below from post#2 to copy the sample from post 2 and paste it into cell G1 on a new workbook, does it work?

1718288519431.png

Upvote 0
I have triied both the formulas suggested ( I have set the format for the cell to “Number”), but both formulas display in the cell when I press enter.

PS. It doesn’t matter what the actual,score is. I only want to know if I have predicted the same outcome ( W-D-L) as the actual outcome of the game

Upvote 0
Are the results you see in the example in post #2 the results you are expecting? If not, what results do you expect for that sample data?

Try to click the button shown in the image below from post#2 to copy the sample from post 2 and paste it into cell G1 on a new workbook, does it work?

View attachment 112637
I apologise if I am misleading you. Based on the sample data, Imam expecting all the answers to return “5”. It shouldn’t matter what the actual score is, only need a result of “5” if I have predicted the same outcome as the actual score (W - L-D)

Sorry for any confusion I may be causing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back