Error when Importing data

pocquet

Board Regular
Hi,

I am trying to import data from Excel into Access.

I hit the Excel button navigate to the file and click OK. The same error occurs when selecting link or import

The error reads:

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opens only if the vba project is first deleted. Deleting the vba project removes all the code from modules, forms and reports. You should back up your database before attempting to open the database and delete the VBA Project"

The excel file has no VBA projects Nor does the database I am importing into.

I have googled but couldn't find any solutions that are workable.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
The excel file has no <acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">VBA</acronym> projects Nor does the database I am importing into.
What is the extension of the Excel file?

I have seen instances where there is no VBA code, but there is a residual empty VBA module out there that needs to be removed also.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Its an xlsx. totally raw file no editing etc. Will try to convert to CSV perhaps and see what happens

Upvote 0
A CSV would definitely not have any VBA code.
How exactly are you trying to import the file in Access?

Upvote 0
Via the data import wizard

So External Data ---> excel (or text file)

I thought it could be an add in issue so disabled all excel add ins but same error again.

I had 2013 but had to downgrade to 2010 (so I could use Bex Analyser through Excel 2010 as 2013 64bit isnt supported) so not sure if thats caused an issue.
However a colleague of mine has only ever had 2010 and has the same error.

Raised an incident with our IT team but I like to find a solution to speed them up...

Upvote 0
I have never encountered that before.
It definitely seems like an issue with the Access instance, whether and installation or add-in issue.
May want to try re-installing it and making sure you are current on all patches/updates.

Upvote 0
Interesting...

Thanks for reporting this back to us, in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuanMark10

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back