Error using calcumalation

claydos66

Yes I know I spelt calculation wrong. Ok Here's my issue. I'm working in a report, which I did not specify a source for a spefic reason. This reason being that when I did, the report didn't come out the way I wanted. Now I'm trying to combine a column together to report on. Essentially that is a comments column, where comments, if any, can be put there by the table. The only problem is when I specify the source as:

[Satisfaction Survey1]![Comments]

It gives me a #Name? Instead of data.

Now if I go from before where I had a specifc source, and I did that, I would get individual comments.

Basically I want to be able to have a section, where that column comes out. I'm going to be running a query once designed and formulated to only grab data for a particular date.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
When you said the report didn't come out the way you wanted, what exactly was the problem? The report would be much simpler if you did specify the source.
Andrew :)

Upvote 0
Ok, I made a calculation using Dcount

=((DCount("[order on time]","Satisfactions Survey1","[Order on time]='Yes'"))/((DCount("[order on time]","Satisfactions Survey1","[Order on time]='Yes'"))+(DCount("[order on time]","Satisfactions Survey1","[Order on time]='No'"))))

Now that will create a percentage of yes' and no's. When I don't link the report, Those come up as totals and when I try to retrieve the comments section I get the #Name? error. When I do link the report to the table, Those numbers come up as totals, but it creates it for every record, but the comments come over. Is there anyway where I can not link the report to the table and link that field to the comments as =[Satisfactions Survey1]![Order on time no] ?

Upvote 0
I trust I am reading your problem correctly and there is another way of calculating the order on time % while retaining the report control source. Enter something like this into the control source of an unbound text box in the report footer :

=Sum(IIf([Order on time]=Yes,1,0))/Count([Order on time])

Format it as Percentage. You should then be able to link the control source to the report to prevent the #Name? error and the total 'yes' % should still work. Be sure to use your actual field names.

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsalaki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back