error message when more than one person is using the DB

coline

By default, my DB opens as shared. However, when more than one person is using the DB, I see an error saying that I can't save because there are other users on the DB. However, I also found out that the DB is saving the data, even with the error message. I'm wondering why this error message might be appearing, if I should be worried, and how I can turn this off.

In tools > options > advanced, I have set the DB to open using record-level locking. In addition, the default record locking is set to edited record (so that when more than one person is working on the same record, only the first person to access the record can edit. When more than one person is on the DB, but using different records, I would like both users to be able to make edits).

Currently, no one is set up as a user with specific permissions. If possible, I would like to avoid all that since the password protections we have already included provide adequate security.

Thanks in advance for the help.

C

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back