Error message after installing Colo's HTML maker

passinthru

Board Regular
I just installed v.2.42 of the excellent HTML Maker. I'm running Excel 2002 (SP2) under WinXP Pro. The error message now appears whenever I open Excel. I click on OK, and things seem to run fine after that.

Any ideas?

attachment.php

Go to the Tools\Macro\Security\Trusted Sources tab. Click the box next to “trust all installed add-ins and templates” and “trust access to visual basic project” and click OK.

That should do the trick. If it doesn't, post back here :)

Alas, no. That box was already checked. I unchecked it and restarted Excel, then checked it again and restarted. No change.

hey thanks Kristy!

i've been using HTML Light v 1.00, now i can use v 2.42 & VBE HTML Maker! never looked too far into it, but thanks. you helped me out!

What references are checked (in VBE, Tools/References)?

Is MS Office 9.0 Object Library checked?

I know that on my PC, they did not install Outlook and the utility bombed. I had to get the correct DLL and put it in the correct spot, then I was able to use it.

Good luck.

Seti

passinthru said:
Alas, no. That box was already checked. I unchecked it and restarted Excel, then checked it again and restarted. No change.

Ah, ok. Sometimes that's all it takes. It appears you're going to have to go a little deeper.

From the FAQ on Colo's page:
Try seeing if any Project references are missing. While in the VBA Editor select> Tools > References.

In the dialog see if there are any boxes with "Missing" next to it.

- If so then this is the file(s) to search for. You will have to search via the browse button. If you don't know the name of the file then send me a picture of it...but this should be distinguishable from the description @ the bottom (it's just that sometimes the full file name is cut off)

Colo's FAQ for the HTML Maker is here: http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/colo/HtmlMakerD.htm

You may also want to try his "ietimer" check link on that page as well, just for good measure.

If the above doesn't do the trick, you can try searching this forum and see if any of the other things posted may help (this has come up many times), or post on Colo's message board here: http://bbsi5.otd.co.jp/550729/bbs_plain where he answers questions concerning HTML Maker.

Hope it helps!

Colo's FAQ for the HTML Maker is here: http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/colo/HtmlMakerD.htm

You may also want to try his "ietimer" check link on that page as well, just for good measure.

BTDT. Oddly enough, I actually DID read his FAQ, etc., before posting here! ;)

I know - strange behaviour! :LOL:

Nothing is noted as missing, but I have MS Office 10.0 Object Library checked - not 9.0. All of my references point to a 10.0 version.

Outlook 2002 is installed.

<sigh>

Went to colo's message board, and found someone else had posted the same question a few days ago. No response yet from Colo, so I guess he's researching the answer.

The other poster has the same OS, version, etc. as I do, so I guess we've found a new bug!

I'll wait a bit to see if Colo responds in the next few days. This error is not fatal, just annoying.

Thanks to all who contributed. I'll post an answer here if I get one.

No response yet from Colo. I know he's alive, because he's responded to several posts after mine, but no response yet to this bug.

It would be nice to know if he's looking into it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjaimes042510

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back