Error Accessing File. Network Connection may have been lost.

kaykrazy

Board Regular
Help! I know how it happened, I just can't believe I can't salvage my Application database.

KB 304548:
"You imported forms or reports that contain code modules or standalone modules into a new Microsoft Access 2000 database by using Microsoft Access 2000.

You copied and pasted forms or reports that contain code modules or standalone modules into the Microsoft Access 2000 database by using Microsoft Access 2000.

Then, you close and reopen the database and try to view, execute, or compile the code"

I am running Access 2000 under Windows 2000. I got this error about a month ago after copying a formwith code. I recovered by creating a new database and importing all but the copied form.

It happened again yesterday. According to the KB if you have VBE6.dll you can't recover. I know it has something to do with a patch that was pushed to me after one of the recent Microsoft Vulernabilities. I have tried everying I can think of. When importing, I have tried every combination. Importing modules first, then the rest, importing queries, reports first. I've even tried creating a brand new module and copying just the code in. I can get it to compile after creating one module, but not the second one.

I am planning on taking it home to see if it will compile in Access 2002. Maybe I can then send it back to my work machine.

P.S. Of course tried repairing database. Luckily the data is in a separate mdb.

The solution to prevent this from happening in the future is to apply latest SP which is 3. But company says SP 2 creates problems with Outlook.

Kathy

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
one thing to try is when you copy the code over in the module patse it into notepad first and copy from there. This may lose some corruption that you are copying between the modules

HTh

Peter

Upvote 0
Re: Error Accessing File. Network Connection may have been l

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried that. I also copied the code from the form to notepad and set the form to no code.

kathy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back