error 3015

Dundee Lad

I am having serious trouble opeining a database I have built.

When I log on I receive an error message isn't an index table in the table. Look in the indexes collection of the tabledef object to determine the valid index names

can anyone help, please :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Sounds like you have some corruption going on. Try to import all of your objects into a new, blank database, hopefully that'll work. If not, you can try using the Jet Compact Utility which you can download from Microsoft.com (I don't have the direct link on hand, you'll have to find it). If that doesn't work, then hopefully you have a back-up on hand.

Upvote 0
unfortunately the backup is the same! I have tried copying into a blank database too but this does not work either?

Upvote 0
Did you copy/paste your objects? If so, try to import them via the File->Get External Data route. Also, are you able to open the database at all? If so, then it's probably one single object (maybe a system table) that is corrupted and you can probably figure out a way to get around this; if not then the db is corrupt and you probably have a bigger issue on your hands. I don't mean to lecture, but when you're dealing with Access, you're eventually going to be dealing with corruption and the best/only safeguard is to back-up routinely. Trust me, a company's sensitive data plus Access will eventually equal a very hard lesson learned.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eccymarge

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back